Automatically set start time to counter

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
difab4
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Automatically set start time to counter

Post by difab4 »

Would love to be able to set this.
Where ever wiper/counter is, the Memory Start Time updates
Am constantly hitting key command for Memory Start Time.
Anyone heard of how to do this.
Thanks
FMiguelez

Re: Automatically set start time to counter

Post by FMiguelez »

difab4 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 am Would love to be able to set this.
Where ever wiper/counter is, the Memory Start Time updates
Am constantly hitting key command for Memory Start Time.
Anyone heard of how to do this.
Thanks
Use F1. That'll set the autorewind/Memory start time to wherever the wiper is and start playback from there.
Or select anything and press Ctrl-spacebar. This will set autorewind/MST to the beginning of the selection and start playback from there.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
difab4

Post by difab4 »

Thanks for the reply.
I already have key command for Set Memory Start Time.
What I’m trying to avoid is having to hit it every time I stop playback, and have the start time update automatically, if there’s a preference for that.
Thanks again
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

difab4 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:30 pmWhat I’m trying to avoid is having to hit it every time I stop playback, and have the start time update automatically, if there’s a preference for that.
Thanks again
Are you wanting to have the start time automatically change to whatever time you last stopped or located to? Did you use Pro Tools or another DAW in the past? It's funny... I encountered that behavior I think in Pro Tools, and it absolutely drives me nuts. :D I'm not sure theres a way to do it except to set Auto Rewind and reset the start time with the F1 key as mentioned.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
difab4

Post by difab4 »

It seems F1 or my custom key command would do the same thing. Looking to not have to hit any command.
I almost ALWAYS forget to hit the key command after navigating to a different place in sequence, then play, then hit stop and it jumps to where the start time is. It's a PITA for me because I always leave Auto Rewind on.
I knew it was a long shot but was hoping someone might have found it.
Thanks again
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

If you just turn off auto rewind, the scroll wiper will just stay where you are when you stop playback. Isn't that what you want? Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do? I don't see why you want to reset the Start Time if the behavior you want is to leave the wiper where you stopped and not go to the previously-set Start Time.
Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
difab4

Post by difab4 »

Thanks for the reply.
I like to use Auto Rewind, it speeds up the workflow for me.
I use a key command for Memory Start, and reflexively hit it whenever I navigate to a different place in the sequence.
Of course there are inevitably multiple times that I forget to hit the key command and after navigating and playing, it jumps back to wherever Auto Rewind is set.
Would be nice if I didn’t always have to hit the key command and the Memory Start just reset to that location automatically.