UL MK3 Hybrid stuck on Boot

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
epifanio
Primary DAW OS: Windows

UL MK3 Hybrid stuck on Boot

Post by epifanio »

Hi,

my UL MK3 Hybrid refuses to boot - it powers on (via firewire and/or via DC input), but the screen stays on:

###########
UL MK3
Boot v1.00
###########

No clue what happened, It was working the day before - I left my PC ON (but on sleep mode) as usual during the night - the day after, this problem arose.
I have no clue what to do, I opened a ticket on the MOTU website - https://motu.com/en-us/accounts/techlinks/178134/ - hopefully, someone can give me some directions.

From a quick search online, it could be a hardware problem

- I live in Norway, but I usually go to Italy (my own country),
so If you know of any technician/store that can have a look at it in one of those countries that will be great!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UL MK3 Hybrid stuck on Boot

Post by mikehalloran »

Can you reset the unit to default?
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid / UltraLite-mk3: Press the Param/Setup knob until the LCD screen reads "UltraLite mk3 SETUP" or "UL Hybrid Setup". The LCD screen will quickly flash to "LCD CONTRAST". Turn the Param/Setup knob all the way to the right. The LCD screen will read: "Factory Defaults Press [Value]". Push the Value knob once. The LCD screen will display "Are you sure? Push [VALUE]". Push the Value knob again to confirm. The LCD screen will read: "Initializing...". The clock value in the LCD screen will flash when the reset is complete.
See this recent thread about burnishing the ribbon connectors. Sometimes, it works.

https://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72696
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
epifanio

Post by epifanio »

Thank you so much for your reply - I am not able to reset the device - as I power it ON I get the Boot screen and no way to interact with the other knobs.

I tried to disconnect and re-connect the ribbon cables - unfortunately, no changes :( - I tried it several times.

I am attaching a pic of the inside [1] -- maybe some expert eye can have some guess from it - Also, if a zoomed-in pic in a particular part of the board can be of any help, I'll provide a link to it.

Thanks for any help!!!

[1] https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d24igv ... zL6uc3gwPQ
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

Nothing is standing out, unfortunately.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
epifanio

Post by epifanio »

I see, thanks for giving a look!

@anyone can suggest me a technician? Either in - Norway / Italy / Spain - will work for me -- please thanks for any help!