SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 now M1 Native

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 now M1 Native

Post by James Steele »

I dropped by the SSL website tonight and downloaded some updated installers. I bought the Essential Bundle a while back which included the Native Channel Strip and Native Bus Compressor. Happy to report they are now Apple Silicon native, so go get them and download if you're running a Mac with an M1/M2 processor.

bus&channel.png
bus&channel.png (92.58 KiB) Viewed 3929 times

I have seen sales on the SSL Fusion plugins... I now own the Stereo Image and Transformer plugs, but surprised that they are being released only as "Intel 64."

fusion.png
fusion.png (87.71 KiB) Viewed 3929 times

That surprises me as these, as I understand it, are relatively new plug-ins. So why release when AS-native code isn't ready? Oh well. Because SSL updated the previously mentioned non-native plugs, and these Fusion plugs are new, it seems for sure they'll get updated to AS-native at some point.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!