Great solution for steeper angle on Euphonix/Avid Mix & Control surfaces

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Great solution for steeper angle on Euphonix/Avid Mix & Control surfaces

Post by James Steele »

Just have to share this great little "life hack" I came up with. I was very frustrated with the shallow angle on my Euphonix MC Mix and MC Control... especially with the MC Control, since the viewing angle of the touchscreen was suboptimal... even with the v2 Control unit which has a brighter screen. Finally, I got an idea and searched Amazon for book stands... then came across laptop stands and found this unit: https://a.co/d/emEB9PN

The stand is actually rather small and not as big as it looks in the pictures, but that's what made it PERFECT for the these units. (These are older Euphonix branded units, later released with different faceplates and rebranded Avid Artist Mix and Artist Control.)

Below is a pic of my MC Mix and MC Control tilted back at a MUCH better angle and a screen capture from Amazon of what the little laptop unit looks like. I bought TWO since I have two surfaces (joined together). They were just $14 each.

tiltedmcmixandcontrol.jpg
tiltedmcmixandcontrol.jpg (194.18 KiB) Viewed 3532 times

laptopstand.gif
laptopstand.gif (125.01 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!