EV nd408 parts?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Lajinka
Primary DAW OS: Windows

EV nd408 parts?

Post by Lajinka »

To get it out of the way…I don’t really care what anyone’s thoughts are on this microphone. I had one of these mics and wanted a second to have “that particular sound” for toms from time to time. Found a deal on marketplace for a second one and bought it sight unseen shipped. It does work, but sounds thin and none the less, diaphragm is busted. Anyone know where to find a replacement capsule, or if anyone just has a mic they’d let go for a decent price I’d be a buyer. Can’t find any for sale online anywhere currently.
Trying to have a 70sish setup to use consisting of an m88 and re-20 for kick in and out respectively, toms 408s, overheads 414s and 57s on snare.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: EV nd408 parts?

Post by mikehalloran »

Equipment wanted/sale posts aren't allowed here but there is one advertised on reverb.com.

Good luck.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Good mics! I own one and it as actually recommended to me as very good on guitar cabinets as well.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I had one of those for a while and liked it on a number of things; I simply found a mic I liked even better. Even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't diss someone else's preferences. No need to apologize for what mics you own here!

As for parts, my recollection, due to past experience on this matter, is that Electro-Voice is very good about parts replacements. I know this because I had to replace a missing or flawed part on a second-hand E/V mic a number of years ago.

Of course, that was then and this is now, so who knows if they have retained this customer-friendly policy.

I may have found the part through Front End Audio vs. direct contact with E/V; I don't remember. Front End Audio is one of the better pro audio sites in terms of how well organized their replacement parts listings are, and how exhaustive that part of their catalogue is.

Even if they don't list it, you might want to contact them first vs. E/V, given that smaller audio companies (such as the one I worked for until the pandemic nightmare) are in most cases still greatly understaffed post-pandemic for dealing with stuff like this.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH