GE Grid and QS don't match. I'm stumped...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

GE Grid and QS don't match. I'm stumped...

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.

I thought I already mastered this little aspect of DP, but not really, apparently...

The problem is that, while DP shows me the music correctly in QS --and the metronome beats time fine--, it shows the music grouped wrong in the SE and GE, and it's driving me nuts.
It's in 12/8, with the metronome set to beat every dotted quarter note. But DP is grouping the music in the GE as 6 groups of 2 instead of 4 groups of 3. And it happens only at some horizontal zoom levels (the useful ones, of course).

I created the tempo map by Recording Beats, and I did use the Scale Time command, BTW.

To make things worse, I'm working on another piece that also has a section in triple time, where everything sounds and looks fine... So it's not some kind of bug...

Notice how the score always shows correctly, but the GE groups the notes wrong according to a zoom setting:
Here we have the eight notes in groups of 4s...

This is the worst one because now there are no discernible groupings. There are no darker barlines in the grid either

Now DP groups them by 2's...

And finally, ONLY at this zoom level do they display correctly. They should be always shown like this!

So the metronome beats correctly and the music looks fine in QS but wrong in GE and SE (it looks as if the click beats on eight note #1, #3, #5, #7, #9 and #11 instead of eight notes #1, #4, #7, #10.
No grid setting makes any sense, and it's so annoying and confusing working like this.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman