Is the Track Layouts function broken?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is the Track Layouts function broken?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.
In DP 9.52 with Mojave, the Track Layouts seems to be broken... I have a zillion folders and subfolders. In the TO, I set them open/closed the way I want them to be. If I save this state as a Track Layout, then mess with the folders and then come back to the saved layout, the folders lose their o/c status, and then some tracks don't display, so I have to manually select them in the Track Selector.

Isn't that the whole point of Track Layouts, to come back to the EXACT same state as you saved them?

I want this function to work so much, but the way it is implemented (or that I understand it) seems half-baked. I hope I'm overseeing something... Does it work for you? What do you use it for?

Also, I really don't like the fact that the commands in the View Menu seem to only work when you have ALL the track folders opened up. Tracks inside closed ones are immune to commands, and this doesn't seem too useful if you have dozens of folders with hundreds of tracks (big template).

Thanks!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman