Vocalign - HELP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Dranyar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Vocalign - HELP

Post by Dranyar »

I’ve recently purchased Digital Performer because of the ARA2 integration on Windows. Melodyne, and Spectralayers works WONDERFULLY…….. Vocalign Ultra does not work at all in ARA2. :banghead:

Can someone please help me understand the workflow for aligning vocals in DP11.2 ESPECIALLY if there are speedy “secrets” that allow me to work close to the rate of Vocalign Ultra.

Thank you in advance.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Vocalign - HELP

Post by mikehalloran »

You don't need ARA to use Vocalign but it makes loading a lot faster. Otherwise, you're sending the track over in real time before it appears. The AU for Melodyne works the same way. The old Vocalign tutorial for DP shows this.

ARA 2 requires a VST3 — is that available to you? I no longer have it so I don't know the answer to that question.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Dranyar

Post by Dranyar »

I do have Vocalign…… I’m using Windows 10 so the process is different for me. I’m using the vst3 plugins mainly so that access is also available for me. My assumption has caused me to purchase DP11.2 assuming that I’d be able to us Vocalign on Windows 10 now. I have been sofar mistaken.
I’m now looking for the method to with get Vocalign to work OR a workaround that will allow me to sync “stacked vocals” together ESPECIALLY at the speed of Vocalign if possible.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

Syncroarts advertises
NEW! Align Mulitple Tracks (ARA2 Hosts Only)
What does their Support say?
https://synchroarts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The reason I couldn't use Vocalign is that it just wouldn't work with the senior citizen voices I was trying to "align".
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Dranyar

Post by Dranyar »

Well, I haven’t talked to Synchro Arts but I HAVE talked to Motu support and the only thing they provided for me was “we’re working on a fix for Windows”…… basically showing that they know it doesn’t work. 😔

Mind you Spectralayers, and Melodyne Studio works (though I can’t quantize audio to another track through Melodyne ARA) as you would expect.

So as to not have complete buyers remorse, I’m trying to figure out how I can use DP11.2 and my hang up is aligning vocals with ease, let alone at all.

Please help. 🙏🏽