Ads

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ads

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:56 pmThat banner that creeps from below gets in the way of the page content and that's my only problem with it. Even when it locked my screen, force-quitting and restarting Chrome was easy and all my open windows came back to life in a few seconds.
I agree. Generally what happened is a few weeks ago I decided it might not suck to have a few bucks every now and then to defer the cost of hosting the site. So I turned Google ads on and decided to let Google "automatically" figure out placement, etc. I forgot all about it and never saw them because the Brave browser that I use was blocking them. I launched Safari today to see what was going on and yes, the adds that animate up from the bottom are ridiculously annoying. I shut it off.

To go back to a small little block ad up near the top in the header is more involved and I have to copy a bit of code from Google and add it to the template, etc, and I just haven't gotten around to it and I'm in no rush. I just leave the ads off for now.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:08 pm I can turn off the ads in Safari on the Mac with Adblock Plus, but that sort of defeats James' purpose. Ad blocking on the iPad doesn't seem to do anything.
The Google ads should be turned off now.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 pm
bayswater wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:08 pm I can turn off the ads in Safari on the Mac with Adblock Plus, but that sort of defeats James' purpose. Ad blocking on the iPad doesn't seem to do anything.
The Google ads should be turned off now.
Yes, they aren’t appearing on the iPad either.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

We luv ya James. :love:

Just sayin'. :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here