how do you fix this?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikeharper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

how do you fix this?

Post by mikeharper »

So I am editing some MIDI tracks and I realize I deleted some material on a track a few hours ago. What the best to recover from this?
I would think open a autosave version and recopy that material back in to the newer version.
Any other ideas? Thanks in advanced.
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 Audio & sample drives
16G ram. MOTU 8A USB3-Thunderbolt
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: how do you fix this?

Post by stubbsonic »

Hmmm. If you did a save of your current version, then did a bunch of undo's (or open undo history?) and got back to your pre-deleted track with the material intact-- then copy that data to your clipboard (select-all from that track). Then close your project without saving. The re-open the saved project (with the data still in the clipboard?) and paste it back in. This is a guess. Not sure if it would work.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: how do you fix this?

Post by mikehalloran »

AutoSave has come to the rescue more than once for me.

If the mistake is a few hours old, that can be tricky. I would move all of the Autosaves that you know were created later out of the folder and into another one. This gives you fewer choices as you open them trying to find the best one.

Undo also works but can take longer till you find the right state.

Mac users can enter Time Machine to find a Snapshot that comes closest to the time before the mistake was made—this normally takes less than a minute. When Restoring, check Keep Both to avoid overwriting later work in case you want to try the other methods.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro