OSC (Open Sound Control) and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

OSC (Open Sound Control) and DP

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hi!

I know DP implemented some OSC features in 2010, and there is a read-me in the "Help" menu of DP under control-surfaces that details allot of technical things about OSC, but is anyone using OSC for anything?

I use the app TouchOSC on my Ipad, which sends messages to my Mac Pro and is translated incoming by the Osculator application to create key-combos or MIDI messages.

I use this to directly send commands to DP, and also trigger macros in Keyboard Maestro to control DP.

Is anyone out there using this for other control things?

I was also trying to figure if the Commands window in DP could respond directly to OSC numbers/messages, rather than having to have them translated by Oscualtor and the sent to DP?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro