DP 11.2 is OUT!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 11.2 is OUT!!!

Post by Michael Canavan »

mikehalloran wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:16 pm Sometimes you just gotta love how things work out.
I definitely remind myself of these times when the opposite happens. I'm such a "One minute before midnight when the sale ends" type of buyer, that it works out more often than not. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Michael Canavan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:41 am OK this is just beyond fantastic!!! :dance: :headbang: :dance:

I have Melodyne Studio 4, just never got around to updating Melodyne, I mostly use it for learning guitar parts on songs, as a crazy harmonizer and other uses that don't include fixing pitchy vocals. Celemony honor your free copy of Essential as cost off the upgrade price. :shock: So my $149 upgrade to Studio 5 becomes $49!!!

Celemony and MOTU get massive credit here! :love:
The frequent emails I get from them offer the update to 5 for $99. I’ve lost track of what they call their various versions, but if V5 essentials does polyphony, it’s good enough for me.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

bayswater wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:38 pmThe frequent emails I get from them offer the update to 5 for $99. I’ve lost track of what they call their various versions, but if V5 essentials does polyphony, it’s good enough for me.
Do you need to spend $319 to get polyphonic pitch editing with Melodyne Editor? That's what Melodyne says, but others are posting here that the included Essentials does polyphony. Not able to test at the moment, but that would be a nice surprise!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think you can get it with one step up from essentials. You don’t have to get the very high-end version.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:42 pm
bayswater wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:38 pmThe frequent emails I get from them offer the update to 5 for $99. I’ve lost track of what they call their various versions, but if V5 essentials does polyphony, it’s good enough for me.
Do you need to spend $319 to get polyphonic pitch editing with Melodyne Editor? That's what Melodyne says, but others are posting here that the included Essentials does polyphony. Not able to test at the moment, but that would be a nice surprise!
I have V4, the "editor" version and it does polyphony. For V5 essentials, I was going on what others are reporting.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

bayswater wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:44 pm I have V4, the "editor" version and it does polyphony. For V5 essentials, I was going on what others are reporting.
So you should check what kind of upgrade you get to Editor V5 by applying the Melodyne Essentials 5 serial for the discount. Maybe even less than $49? 8)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but Vocalign Project5 is ARA compatible with Logic, and it showed up as "untested" but ARA-Ready in DP.

Vocalign Project5 has been working well for me using the old approach. Maybe ARA would speed things up... I've just got to figure out how to use it when I get a chance.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:42 pm
Essentials does not do polyphonic, Editor does polyphonic. I found that Editor is probably more than enough for my needs and that Studio was much more expensive an upgrade for some functions I would rarely use. But others may want the multi track editing etc.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Michael Canavan

Guitar Gaz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:05 am Essentials does not do polyphonic, Editor does polyphonic. I found that Editor is probably more than enough for my needs and that Studio was much more expensive an upgrade for some functions I would rarely use. But others may want the multi track editing etc.
A friend of mine records choirs and backup singers, and with Studio editing multiple parts is better etc. IMO that's the main reason to get that version. I bought it because of an insane sale they had on the Studio version from Editor specifically
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Michael Canavan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:10 am
Guitar Gaz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:05 am Essentials does not do polyphonic, Editor does polyphonic. I found that Editor is probably more than enough for my needs and that Studio was much more expensive an upgrade for some functions I would rarely use. But others may want the multi track editing etc.
A friend of mine records choirs and backup singers, and with Studio editing multiple parts is better etc. IMO that's the main reason to get that version. I bought it because of an insane sale they had on the Studio version from Editor specifically
Good point - may well upgrade if there is a deal.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

In this morning’s email:
Digital Performer from Version 11.2 supports the ARA interface extension. This makes significantly simpler and better Melodyne workflows possible.

Thanks to ARA it is now possible to open audio tracks directly in Melodyne and without tiresome transfers. That saves a great deal of time and unnecessary mouse clicks.

If soundbites on a track or within a sequence are shortened, lengthened, moved or copied, Melodyne mirrors these changes automatically. This also means you can rearrange your material without any problems, even if it has already been edited with Melodyne.
Furthermore, it makes passing on Digital Performer projects far simpler, as with ARA all the data management is handled automatically.
To take advantage of these possibilities, you need, in addition to DP 11.2, Version 5.3 of Melodyne. For a free update, choose “Check for Updates” from the Help menu of your Melodyne.

Another thing to bear in mind: Every DP 11 user receives a serial number for Melodyne 5 essential free of charge. You’ll find this in your MOTU user account. However, since you already own Melodyne, you can also use this serial number as a coupon to the value of 20 €/US$ in our web shop. A great opportunity, then, to upgrade and get still more Melodyne: more tools, more possibilities, more benefits!
Incidentally, the coupon is also valid on Black Friday and, for owners of Melodyne 5 studio, even for an update to Version 6 whenever it is released.
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc ... tandAlone]
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dix

Post by dix »

What other ARAable plugins are out there that I should check out? According to Wikipedia it looks like there's only a few.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Ran ... o_plug-ins

Is that all, or are there more? RX isn't on there (which is allegedly ARA compatible with Logic), so I'm thinking this is only a partial list.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Are there any people using DP 11.02 successfully with 2010-12 Mac Pro Cheesegraters?

Thanks
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Michael Canavan

kgdrum wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:39 pm Are there any people using DP 11.02 successfully with 2010-12 Mac Pro Cheesegraters?
Thanks
Funny, I'm about to revert to the 09 Mac Pro for a while to work on songs pre Apple Silicon, so I can let you know how it goes. Obviously I will save any version of DP on there already for back up, but this update has some serious bug fixes, so you're probably good.
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

kgdrum wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:39 pm Are there any people using DP 11.02 successfully with 2010-12 Mac Pro Cheesegraters?
runs fine on mine, but I am running Monterey..I have no idea if there are any problems running on older MacOS. MOTU did not fix any of the bugs I reported this year and there is not really anything new for me to get excited about honestly. Nice to see them supporting ARA, that's great...I don't really use that anyway.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32