Audio/MIDI Setup Glitchiness

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio/MIDI Setup Glitchiness

Post by Rick Cornish »

I was having trouble with this before my clean install, and now I still have it (really hoped the install would fix it).

I set up a multi-output device to send audio to my interface (Quartet) and the built-in output (headphone jack) simultaneously. Works great… except (not all the time, but most of the time), after I re-start, the Quartet device is greyed out and a duplicate appears below in the list un-checked. If I un-check the greyed-out one, it disappears. Just check the not-greyed-out one and it works again.

Only seems to change after a shut down or re-start.
I've tried listing the built-in output first or the Quartet first… seems to make no difference.

It's more of an inconvenience than anything else, but I'd love to know why this happens and how I might be able to fix it.

Any ideas?

Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net