Sample Logic Gripe.... Venting...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sample Logic Gripe.... Venting...

Post by James Steele »

Okay... I'm a bit annoyed....

Bought a Kontakt instrument called Synth AI from Sample Logic on their introductory sale. Saw a YouTube video on it and it looked killer... great presets... Normally $249... intro price $149.

https://www.samplelogic.com/products/synth-ai/

Looks pretty cool... huh... can't wait to find out because I bought it at about 5:42pm PST today. That's over five hours ago. I'm still waiting for it. Upon me forking over my digital coinage, I immediately get a receipt emailed to me and also confirmation of my user account at their site, and was informed I will get an email shortly with my download links. It's a pretty hefty VI... 24 GB worth of samples.

I logged into my user account and they don't just put a download link in your user account... oh no... a button to resend the email *containing* the download links. Fine. I click that. Let some time go by... do some stuff... nothing... click it again.... wait... nothing... So after a while I do a support ticket and take a break...

About 4 hours later, 9:41pm, I get an email response from the "SL Team"... not a person's name... "Hello, I just resent the links to your email." Well that support email came through, but can you guess? No email with download links. I wait a while... nope...

So I log into my webhosting account... launch their webmail app to see if maybe for some reason they were going into the Spam box. Nope. Not there. Hmmm... Go back to the Sample Logic site and my user area and click that "Resend Download Links" button like a madman... nothing... now I'm getting frustrated.

I replied to the support email letting them know that i received their email telling me they "re-sent" the download link email (although from my POV there has been no "sent" anything), but have not received the email with the download links. I tell them I checked webmail... not in spam... suggested they send to an alternate email for me. Then I wait...

Then I get an idea... how about I just log into my user account at their site, CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and then do the "Resend" thing again? So I do. Then I click the "Resend" button thinking I got this think licked... and after I click it in confirms that it just resent it to my previous email address... not the one I just changed it to! But hey... I did get an email from them at my old address notifying me that I changed my email address... that's good.

So I figure maybe the new email address won't "take" until I log out of their site and log back in. So I log out and log in, this time using the new email address as my user name. I log in... go to the user area... click the "Resend download link email" button... and the confirmation says it sent it to my OLD email address.... AGAIN!!

Now I sometimes have problems with my main email address getting marked as spam when I email other people, so I think maybe "SL Team" might not get my direct reply. So I go to their site and make another support ticket and message them using their form, pretty much detailing the entire fiasco to this time... about 5 1/2 hours later. Still awaiting a reply and it's the weekend so good luck. Not a good customer experience.

Seriously, if I wanted to PROVE this is on their end, I'd change my email address to a backup gmail address I have and try that. If something doesn't arrive at GMAIL, then problem has gotta be on the sender's side. But anyway... hoping I get this cool instrument that I just popped $149 for by MONDAY now maybe? So much for instant gratification. :oops:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Sample Logic Gripe.... Venting...

Post by James Steele »

P.S. What a damned joke. And yeah... I know. First World problem. :roll:

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Still awaiting a reply and it's the weekend so good luck
That could be the problem. If so, if won’t be resolved till someone walks in and reboots whatever is causing the problem.

Remember when servers going down on weekends was a common thing? It still happens on rare occasions with MOTU and MakeMusic (Finale).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I actually received an email at 5:30am that was waiting for me when I woke up this morning. They support person manually sent an email to my alternate email address and I got it. I have to say this is really quite good. May presets in this that I like.

Here’s the independent video overview of Synth AI that convinced me to buy it at the $149 sale price:

https://youtu.be/nNnPgfYQN8I