DP and MX4 crash in windows (Solved)

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

Chandrasekar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP and MX4 crash in windows (Solved)

Post by Chandrasekar »

Hello everybody.
New forum member here.
Had problem when loading MX4 VST in windows for years. The moment I click load, DP will crash (all versions of DP)
I decided to look deep in to this in DP 11 latest build.
I Copied (not move) the whole MX4 folder from MAS directory to common files> VST folder and it worked like charm.
Just wanted to tell my side of the story and may be other windows users out there having the same problem and this could help.
Regards.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP and MX4 crash in windows (Solved)

Post by James Steele »

Chandrasekar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:34 am Hello everybody.
New forum member here.
Had problem when loading MX4 VST in windows for years. The moment I click load, DP will crash (all versions of DP)
I decided to look deep in to this in DP 11 latest build.
I Copied (not move) the whole MX4 folder from MAS directory to common files> VST folder and it worked like charm.
Just wanted to tell my side of the story and may be other windows users out there having the same problem and this could help.
Regards.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. It adds to the body of knowledge here that might help users who find themselves in the same situation!! I'm going to make an alias to this topic in the MX4 forum as well.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!