Recording multichannel outs on 24ao

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
AugustineL
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Recording multichannel outs on 24ao

Post by AugustineL »

Dear Motu forum,
I am working on a 3d audio installation in nuendo using a 24ao. I am in the process of transferring the files to a joeco blackbox. I have multiple buses coming out of nuendo some of which use the same output. What I want to do is record the individual channels coming out of the motu (but in the box) so routing 24 channels internally so that I then have 24 individual mono files I can just transfer onto the joeco player. I have done this with the matrix routing menu before but a long time ago and I have forgotten how I did it! Could someone kindly explain the steps required to do this? Thankyou.
Last edited by AugustineL on Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
HCMarkus

Re: Recording multichannel outs on 24ao

Post by HCMarkus »

AugustineL wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:57 am Dear Motu forum,
I am working on a 3d audio installation in nuendo using a 24ao. I am in the process of transferring the files to a joeco blackbox. I have multiple buses coming out of nuendo some of which use the same output. What I want to do is record the individual channels coming out of the motu (but in the box) so routing 24 channels internally so that I then have 24 individual mono files I can just transfer onto the joeco player. Could someone kindly explain the way to do this? Thankyou.
Use the pro MOTU Audio Control Routing Matrix to set up I/O as you require.

Or do it all within Nuendo.
AugustineL

Post by AugustineL »

yes I know you can do it in the motu matrix, what I am asking for is a more detailed description of how exactly. You cannot do this in nuendo 7 alone (though you can route the motu into record tracks in nuendo, I've just forgotten how I did it?)
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Basically, it's just the 'From Computer' inputs gets routed/connected to the Analog outputs in the Pro Audio Control matrix. You would select those outputs for your buses in Nuendo. You most likely would have to define those buses if other than mono in the Nuendo output setup - I'm not familiar with Nuendo, but that would be my process for DP.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1