StarDrums MIDI map?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

otalgia-2000
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

StarDrums MIDI map?

Post by otalgia-2000 »

Hi everyone

Shadows may lengthen over M53, but impending doom ain't stopping me no siree!

Having been frozen out of BFD3 by its migration to a new publisher, I'm in interim workaround mode and am now setting up a new kit in DP9's DRUM EDITOR for Star Drums.

As part of the process, I've been looking to see if a complete Star Drums MIDI note roster appears in the MachFive 3 manual.

I didn't find a definitive mapping list there, so I worked my way up the graphical piano keyboard in M5 3 from G0 through F2 and got those sounds logged in to my new kit.

However there are still lots of articulations (or controllers, or perhaps alternate mic placements?) present on the notes above F2 which do not seem to be sounded simply by clicking on their graphical keys.

On those notes, selecting individual velocity range blocks displays waveforms, and right-clicking "Play Selection" allows me to hear them -- so clearly, sounds are present there.

But I don't know how these factor in to the general operation of the instrument, or if they even need to be mapped in to my new Drum Editor kit at all.

I confess that I'm working fast just to get the notes mapped so that I can get on with recording and didn't scrutinize the manual closely as I should have (where I am sure the answer is given in detail). If you'd point me to that info I would be very appreciative!

O-2k

OS 13.2.1 // DP 11 // mac studio M1 Max 64 Gb RAM // UA Apollo x6 // Micro Lite // Falcon 2 | BFD3 |