4Pre and DAT via S/PDIF

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 4Pre and DAT via S/PDIF

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:07 pm
mikehalloran wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 amI've been using iZotope RX to do that for 15 years or more—I really don't remember.

RX Elements does all of that and much more. Part of the FX Bundle with Ozone/Neutron/Nectar Elements and currently on sale $20 if one knows where to shop.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ents-Suite
Hey Mike... out of curiosity have you tried out Waves Clarity Vx plug? I don't have the "pro" version, but the standard version seems to work really well. I also have the Acon Digital Restoration Suite, but found Clarity Vx was much simpler. I've mostly used it to get rid of tape hiss when digitizing old recordings that I only had on cassette tape. Ugh.
No. I found managing Waves plug-ins to be a PIA and removed the few that I had. After trying RX on some cassettes that I was sent with major 60Hz and hiss issues in 2006(?), I never bothered looking elsewhere. I think I still have a coupon for a free Sound Soap license that I never used.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro