No Texas, No Cry -2022 - 828mk3 firewire on Windows 10... so far!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
AGM
Primary DAW OS: Windows

No Texas, No Cry -2022 - 828mk3 firewire on Windows 10... so far!

Post by AGM »

For some obscure reason DP10 doesn't like my Marian PCIe audio interface, every other DAW is fine. So I thought I would buy a cheap old MOTU interface and get some digital I/O while I was at it. So I bought an 828mk3 and a Via chipset firewire card. I bought the Via based card after reading this-
https://www.studio1productions.com/Arti ... wire-1.htm
And with little to lose (and a bit to gain, Texas based cards are dearer) I dived in. I've been running the 828mk 3 for about a month now and with only one or two minor issues.
My PC blue screened when I turned the 828 off while a Youtube video was playing. I sometimes have to open DP to open the MOTU Audio Console, but actually of late that hasn't been a problem and Cuemix works fine and the 828 just works.
I've bought a thunderbolt dock with a firewire port for my old Macmini and now I can share the 828 between the two computers using the two fire firewire ports on the 828 - one at a time of course.

AGM