Will Performer Lite (Windows) open DP projects (Mac)?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FrankD
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Will Performer Lite (Windows) open DP projects (Mac)?

Post by FrankD »

Will Performer Lite on Windows open DP projects from Mac?

I would like to send a couple of simple DP10/Mac projects consisting only of 1-3 audio tracks to a Performer Lite/Windows user. I don't know the exact PL version, but it's from approximately 2 years ago.

My plan is to .zip the projects and upload to a file sharing service. Anyone tried this? :)
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Will Performer Lite (Windows) open DP projects (Mac)?

Post by CharlzS »

Yes, if using stock plugs. Third party plugins may be an issue. VST2, VST3 plugs should be OK, but if the receiving Mac is using AU - would be a problem. If no plugs in the session, then no problem.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Thanks!

The receiving computer is Windows. There are only 1 or 2 Motu plugins though, so I will give it a try.
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Performer Lite is limited to 16 tracks each, Audio, MIDI and Aux. In addition, the recently released DP 11.1 combines MIDI and Instrument tracks, a feature not supported in PL.

Being able to open DP projects may not mean that you’re able to do what you want with them. Go ahead and try, though, perhaps you’ll be able to do exactly what you need.

I exchange files with PL users by exporting stems that I know they can import leaving enough open tracks so that they can do what they want and send those files back to me. This works quite well as long as I remember PL’s limitations.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro