Buggy Loopback

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
AlexZ
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Buggy Loopback

Post by AlexZ »

Hey.. i bought my Motu M4 5 days ago and still fighting with the loopback. Im still not sure why there is no software to control the loopback like it is possible on a focusrite?? :cry: Maybe there is hope they are gonna patch it in the next driver... Lately im jamming on Jamulus and try to record it in my DAW. The problem is, it doesnt get any input in "loopback mix 1+2" as long as i dont play any audio in my system like a youtube video or a song on spotify. As soon as i do, it works as long as the guys on Jamulus are playing... each pause causes the effect that i have no input again and forces me to play any audio on the system for couple of seconds.

Does anyone have any idea?

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Buggy Loopback

Post by mikehalloran »

You appear to be in Windows driver hell where something you have installed is conflicting with the MOTU driver. Without more info, we’re not going to know where the conflict may be. I recommend opening a Tech Link with MOTU Support. If you’ve not registered your M4, do that first.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro