DP10 on Asus eee pc box?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
tonx
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP10 on Asus eee pc box?

Post by tonx »

Salutations
I wanted to install DP10 on Pc Asus EEE Box:
SO Win 8.1 pro, Intel Atom D525 processor, 4 Gb ram
Below is the review found on the web:
The Intel Atom D525 is a dual core processor meant for nettops, but also used on netbooks. It uses two Atom cores clocked at 1.8 GHz and thanks to HyperThreading, the D525 is able to process four threads simultaneously. The D525 does not have Speedstep and therefore always runs at 1.8 GHz,
The Atom D525 has an integrated DDR2 / DDR3 memory controller and a GMA 3150 graphics card.
The performance of the D525 can be on par with single Intel SU2700 CPUs if both cores are used. In single threaded applications, the performance is significantly worse and barely settles on the level of the 1.8 GHz Atom CPUs.
Could DP10 work well?
Thanks
PS (Sorry my english depends on google translate)
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP10 on Asus eee pc box?

Post by CharlzS »

I would guess no because it's a different architecture than the Intel Core series which DP lists as a requirement. It's also pretty old and if it did work, the performance would at best be challenging. Only a guess, so email or open a tech case with MOTU for a definitive answer.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
tonx
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP10 on Asus eee pc box?

Post by tonx »

The assistance Motu guaranteed me that version 10 worked on this pc. I have installed this version and everything is OK.