the DP icons have been replaced from the unix exec icons is there a way to change them back in terminal

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

the DP icons have been replaced from the unix exec icons is there a way to change them back in terminal

Post by kassonica »

Hi all, I have been doing a once in a 20 year archive and out of 80 DVD backups 2 wouldn't load, I went over to a friends place and used his DVD drive but the icons for DP have changed to the unix exec ones, is there a way in terminal to change them back to DP.

I'm on DP7, also the audio files are not corrupted and play fine in QT

Much thanks brains trust :D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
mikehalloran

Re: the DP icons have been replaced from the unix exec icons is there a way to change them back in terminal

Post by mikehalloran »

Boot your Mac in Safe mode with the Shift key held down. Log in when prompted and wait till your desktop icons finish building. This used to be called Rebuilding the desktop and was done the same way before OS X.

If this does not work, you will have to change them manually.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
kassonica

Re: the DP icons have been replaced from the unix exec icons is there a way to change them back in terminal

Post by kassonica »

thanks mike but they are now on an external drive... do you know how I can manually do it?
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

kassonica wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:57 pm thanks mike but they are now on an external drive... do you know how I can manually do it?
This function is as old as the Mac:

Run Get Info on the file. Click on the icon in the window. You can Copy and Paste icon images here.

So, if you have a good icon image on any file, Copy it in Get Info. Now run Get Info on all the files with the wrong icon, click on the image and Paste.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Hey Mike that didn't work either :( looks like I have to go into terminal :shock: any ideas how I do it in there?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

kassonica wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:32 pm Hey Mike that didn't work either :( looks like I have to go into terminal :shock: any ideas how I do it in there?
Copying and pasting icon images should have worked. Do you have permissions to write to that drive?