Plugins Failing examination

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
niharsavala
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plugins Failing examination

Post by niharsavala »

So am on 10.12 Sierra. MBP 2015. DP 10.13

A lot of my plugins which were working fine suddenly stopped working when I installed Waves central to install the new Cosmos Sample finder.

I had Waves v9 & other AUs working fine. After installing waves central, Waves v9 Plugins got missing & my DP project started getting Mas, 1 error reported by Mas Audio Unit Support
Failure Base:::[-1, sometimes -160]

Then I installed waved v10. So i have Waves v10 plugins passed AU examination. But the following plugins are failing to pass:
UVI Workstation, GoodHertz Can opner 3, Moddart Pianoteq 7, Valhalla VIs, Sonarworks Reference 4, iZotope Stutter edit 2. & some more.

I tried few things from the posts on similar problem.
1) Re-Installed DP 10 with removing all files said by the Tech Support page on Motu.
2) Shift reboot Mac, safe mode, then normal Reboot.
3) Shift DP, then normal Click DP.
4) Delete com.MotuAudioSystem.
5) Delete Dp's Pref file.
6) Reinstalled few plugins to check if they get passed - for eg : Sonarworks Ref 4, Can Opener 3 - but they still fail.

Still not understanding why these plugins are failing examination. And surprisingly all these plugins are working in Ableton Live 10. Luckily am not getting the previous Mas 1 error. Sometimes getting "Os error: INternal Program Error (null pointer) (-180) in some projects.

Can someone please help. Am in the middle of submitting a mix.
Last edited by niharsavala on Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
bayswater

Re: Plugins Failing examination

Post by bayswater »

Installing Waves 10 deletes Waves 9. You have to reinstall the Waves 9 plugins AFTER installing Waves 10 plugins. There are a few threads here on the topic which you can find by searching recent posts on Waves.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

bayswater wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:03 am Installing Waves 10 deletes Waves 9. You have to reinstall the Waves 9 plugins AFTER installing Waves 10 plugins. There are a few threads here on the topic which you can find by searching recent posts on Waves.
I am ok with having Waves v10. let v9 Go. My prob is the other plugins got screwed.
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

I have tried many solution which can be thought of with the current system, but to no success.

Do you think Upgrading to 10.13 High Sierra will solve this issue ? Should it be Archive install or Clean install?
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

It looks like you’ve done everything that usually gets done for this sort of problem. It’s not clear why updating the OS would help, when it was working fine before, but DP 10.13 works fine with macOS 10.13, so it can’t hurt. The only other thing that occurs to me is to return the Mac to the state it was in before you updated to Waves 10 when it worked. Ideally from Time Machine, but maybe there are other indirect ways to do that.
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

bayswater wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:04 am It looks like you’ve done everything that usually gets done for this sort of problem. It’s not clear why updating the OS would help, when it was working fine before, but DP 10.13 works fine with macOS 10.13, so it can’t hurt. The only other thing that occurs to me is to return the Mac to the state it was in before you updated to Waves 10 when it worked. Ideally from Time Machine, but maybe there are other indirect ways to do that.
Thanks for your reply. Yes updating the OS will not help, but currently the only solution I can think of is reformatting & doing a clean OS install, & since I am it, I might as well goto 10.13. I wish I had Time Machine backup, but I never got into using it. I have written to Motu Tech Support, let's see if they have any solution.
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

Just an Update,

So I had help from Motu Tech Support. We did quite few testings thru the Terminal Window. There was no solution coming out, but Motu guys hinted it would be mostly an macOS error.

Finally, I updated macOS from 10.12 Sierra to 10.13 High Sierra & the issue got solved. Now all the plugins I had issue with are working in DP10.
RROY

Post by RROY »

I am having a similar problem with plugins, and similar Mas error message. Quite a few plugins will not load and now fail AU examination. I am on OS 10.12.6, I see your solution was to move to High Sierra. Did you do a clean install or an archive install? Considering getting an SSD for my system drive and then migrating stuff from current drive.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
RROY

Post by RROY »

Most likely the cause of this problem Is an Apple Security update, if you are on Sierra. It hoses some plugins, but not all. Oddly enough it does not affect any plugins in Logic. I had been dismissing the update, but somehow it happened. Bad on Apple and Motu, this sort of thing should not happen.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

There was also some iOS update that lunched AU plugins for those who connect their phones to their Macs.
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

RROY wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:34 am I am having a similar problem with plugins, and similar Mas error message. Quite a few plugins will not load and now fail AU examination. I am on OS 10.12.6, I see your solution was to move to High Sierra. Did you do a clean install or an archive install? Considering getting an SSD for my system drive and then migrating stuff from current drive.
Hi Proy,
So i did a archive install, as doing a clean install would take more time in addition to being a headache authorizing all virtual insts & I was between projects. I had most of my libs on ext SSD.
niharsavala

Post by niharsavala »

RROY wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:46 am Most likely the cause of this problem Is an Apple Security update, if you are on Sierra. It hoses some plugins, but not all. Oddly enough it does not affect any plugins in Logic. I had been dismissing the update, but somehow it happened. Bad on Apple and Motu, this sort of thing should not happen.
Yes, Motu tech guys too said the same. Yeah, and like your Logic, I was surprised all AUs were working fine in Ableton.