Trevor Rabin MOTU webinar this Friday!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Trevor Rabin MOTU webinar this Friday!

Post by James Steele »

Sharing this as a public service. This is especially interesting to me because I was a HUGE fan of the Yes album, 90125, which to me was much more accessible yet still cool and filled with great musicianship, in no small part to the influence of this guy... Trevor Rabin. Friday at 9:30am PDT, 12:30pm EDT

https://motu.com/en-us/join-webinar/

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Killahurts

Re: Trevor Rabin MOTU webinar this Friday!

Post by Killahurts »

James thanks for making us aware of this, it was a lot of fun!

Rabin has been making all his records and movie soundtracks with DP forever.. I wish they had gotten deeper into some technical DP stuff, but it was still great!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... I'm so mad at myself. I worked last last night and overslept this morning and joined in near the end of the Zoom. So bummed I missed the first part of it. I hope MOTU posts the recording soon!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dewaard

Post by dewaard »

I have the recording should anyone need it. And hereby another urgent shout out to MOTU to put those fr#*cking webinars online! 8)
bdr

Post by bdr »

dewaard wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:38 am I have the recording should anyone need it. And hereby another urgent shout out to MOTU to put those fr#*cking webinars online! 8)

yes plz
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
dix

Post by dix »

dewaard wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:38 am I have the recording should anyone need it. And hereby another urgent shout out to MOTU to put those fr#*cking webinars online! 8)
Do you have others too? There's quite a few I wish I had....while the MOTU webinars with celebrity composers probably help promote MOTU and DP, I don't find them useful. The ones where Matt goes into technical detail on features, workflows etc. are the ones I'd like to review.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com