Question about using DP on my Macintosh

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

red1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Question about using DP on my Macintosh

Post by red1 »

I want to use DP or three machines...is there a way to do this without having to pay for another DP license?

Thanks!
Rod
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Question about using DP on my Macintosh

Post by mikehalloran »

red1 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:25 pm I want to use DP or three machines...is there a way to do this without having to pay for another DP license?

Thanks!
Rod
Not simultaneously. In fact, the license manager will let you activate two machines but you're only allowed to use one at a time. If you want to 'round robin', the licence manager will ask to reactivate the oldest of the three machines, whatever it may be, and the next oldest activation will be deactivated. It's all automatic—nothing for you to uninstall, thank goodness.

To have three Macs or PCs running DP simultaneously, you're supposed to get 3 licenses but 2 should work. If only using one at a time, you're good.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
red1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Question about using DP on my Macintosh

Post by red1 »

Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I wanted to know and I'll give it try.

Rod