how do you split audio?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
harmonicaman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

how do you split audio?

Post by harmonicaman »

I tried hard to find it in this forum but could not get any result

How can I split an audio for example I want to split the audio in the middle?

There must be a short cut? I use performer lite

Thanks
Thanks in advance
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: how do you split audio?

Post by HCMarkus »

Command Y
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

HCMarkus wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:54 amCommand Y

Are you sure it is the same with performer lite? I select the part and in PC I do control , shift , alt no matter what in combination with Y does not split it
Thanks in advance
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

The split commands (ctrl-Y, alt-Y) aren't included in P Lite. You can use the scissors tool to cut. Hold or double tap the C key and the cursor will turn into a pair of scissors. If you hold the C it will stay scissors for as long as held and then revert back to whatever tool you were using when you let go. If you double tap the C key it will switch to the scissors tool and then you'd have to double tap the A key to get back to the selection arrow or select another tool.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
freqsound
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by freqsound »

There isn't a command in the Edit menu of Performer Lite for this, but you can assign a key to do this. Go to Setup/Commands then type Split in the search bar at the top. One of the entries that appears is Split Audio. Click in the Key1 column, then hit the key combination (or single key) you want to use for this. If there is a conflict with another function, just pick a different key.
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

freqsound wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:14 pm There isn't a command in the Edit menu of Performer Lite for this, but you can assign a key to do this. Go to Setup/Commands then type Split in the search bar at the top. One of the entries that appears is Split Audio. Click in the Key1 column, then hit the key combination (or single key) you want to use for this. If there is a conflict with another function, just pick a different key.
Good to know there still there and assignable. When I saw it missing from the edit menu, I made some assumptions. I'll now check the commands if I run into anything else missing.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1