Thank you Sweetwater

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Thank you Sweetwater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:27 pm
mikehalloran wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:50 am The banner being gone will influence my decisions, though. I was always happy to click through knowing I was helping to support this site. If you find another sponsor to take that space, I’ll be glad to show my support again.
+1
I always checked to see whether they had something I wanted, and sometimes ordered there, but usually, a chain with a local store with good inventory and good support and service had it a the same and usually a lower price.

If Monkey Labs puts a banner up there, I might buy the Marching Band samples. I'm working on something with a march in one of the passages, so timing it good. Need whistle samples too.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
dix

Post by dix »

Sweetwater's support for MN was the best thing about them by far imo. Great website for research too, but I've avoided buying from them for years.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Good on ya Mike; that's the way mate. :wink:
wylie1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:26 amI guess peanuts and Banana Skins is better than nothing.
:lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Over the years, Sweetwater has been very good to me.

Some high ticket items and some small.

One case that really won me over was a purchase of a $99 Korg mini controller with bundled software.
Korg changed their authorization sites and it was a total mess.
Years later, I couldn't re-authorize the software after a system update.
The tech support folks at SW took this on and pushed through after 20 or so exchanges with Korg.
All of this for a $99 keyboard that was purchased 3 years prior.
They solved it!

I always clicked on the banner here before making a purchase at Sweetwater.

Sorry to hear they have been bought out.
I hope they don't go to the dark side. :wink:

Happy to hear that Motunation will live on!
All is well
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

waterstrum wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:46 am Over the years, Sweetwater has been very good to me.

Some high ticket items and some small.

Sorry to hear they have been bought out.
I hope they don't go to the dark side. :wink:

Happy to hear that Motunation will live on!
My last two big purchases from SW had quality control issues requiring exchanges. Both items were out of stock for replacements, so I ended up having to wait a several months for both. That's the test of a retailer is how well they do with issues. In my case, they've always handled issues really well. My only strike against them is that one of those items was a bass that underwent their "rigorous" XX-point inspection-- and the neck had geometry issues (don't we all)-- which slipped past their inspection.

I suppose in some ways the buy-out just changes the nature of the "corporate mug-shot". They employ lots of good people, they have an effective and robust business model-- and are owned by an entity with the sole goal of making money. I don't understand enough about those venture capital things. I imagine them sitting around asking questions like "Which makes more money? Killing it fast? Or killing it slow?"
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

bayswater wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:49 pm
stubbsonic wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:27 pm
mikehalloran wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:50 am The banner being gone will influence my decisions, though. I was always happy to click through knowing I was helping to support this site. If you find another sponsor to take that space, I’ll be glad to show my support again.
+1
I always checked to see whether they had something I wanted, and sometimes ordered there, but usually, a chain with a local store with good inventory and good support and service had it a the same and usually a lower price.
Sweetwater has been great for me where meeting or beating low prices are concerned. I've loved that company and have for many years.

It used to be that even software had to be delivered. In those days, hitting a local store was the way to go if you needed a product the same day or the next day, but pop SW a note to see if they will meet a local price. If they do or don't, you can't lose either way.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52