Long, stuck notes in DP 11.01 & Yamaha CP88

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jodac
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Long, stuck notes in DP 11.01 & Yamaha CP88

Post by jodac »

I think we've got to figure this one out on our own. The new update did not fix the issue for me.
I wish for you better luck.

John Carter
Sergievsky
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Sergievsky »

Well, it's gone. :shock: Sort of...I still get some weird double notes, like the note got triggered twice, even though it didn't, and I only catch it when I'm editing MIDI and see two notes on top of each other. It's tolerable, much more so than the elongated notes.
Anyway, I fixed the stuck notes by...I dunno. I stopped using the CP88 because I took it out on a gig, and in the meantime I just updated whatever updates became available with all my plugins and non-music software.

I stopped the step-by-step troubleshooting because I already gave up. But fwiw, I bought a little app TrashMe and just deleted as much non-essential apps as I could.
Another biggie though, is I updated to Vienna Ensemble 7 ( I stopped using it at 6, but because of the stucknotes thought I'd try it again), then I TRASHED all vst2 &vst3 plugins, and just kept AUs. Then, disabled all AU synths in DP and offloaded it all to VEPro. I print and mix inside DP so kept the au of the mix plugs there.
Then finally updated to 11.03, hooked up the CP88, and so far, no stuck notes yet just the occasional doubled :(
Again, sorry if I can't say what did it. I still might reinstall Big Sur though, because I have two external SSD casings that isn't letting my mac shutdown, when it wasn't a problem before. That needs a different thread tho probably.
Raul
iMac Pro 3GHZ 10-core, 128GB RAM, 2TB hd, Big Sur
motu 8pre-es
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Lately I've been getting those long stuck notes with my Komplete Kontrol S88mk2, switched out to my Nectar LX88, it was fine, also my Korg D1 digital piano works fine. Tried the S88 again, same problems also in DP11.02. I will try 11.01 and 11.

DP 10.11 seems to be working normally with the S88.

The S88 also worked fine in Logic Pro though, so it's a DP specific issue.
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Seems like 11.01 is working ok.... I'll keep you all posted
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

jlaudon wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:27 am Seems like 11.01 is working ok.... I'll keep you all posted
Oops my bad, same problem also in 11.01
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Well, reading through this thread again, I thought ah maybe different controllers have different USB requirements - my S88 was plugged into my USB2 hub where all my iLok and other light peripherals are plugged into. I then plugged the S88 into a Thunderbolt 3 to USB hub, and it seems to be working now. I'll keep you all posted.
Sergievsky

Post by Sergievsky »

Why not upgrade to 11.03? Well, if you're not experiencing any bugs I guess that could be a reason. For me there were way too many issues not to update to the latest, and 11.03 has been the most stable so far. Not superstable, but way better.
Anyway, the stuck notes hasn't reared its ugly head again for me....at least not yet anyway. It's really strange how the usb hub is an issue for you when for me even when I ditched the direct usb connection and went through MIDI (albeit on a usb MIDI interface) it was still there.
Anyway, glad that fixed it for ya, hope it stays fixed.
Raul
iMac Pro 3GHZ 10-core, 128GB RAM, 2TB hd, Big Sur
motu 8pre-es