.nki Import

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

.nki Import

Post by lampfilmusic »

'.nki' files are not on the list of file formats importable by M5v3.

Does anyone know of a way of pre-converting '.nki' libraries into a format the M5v3 will swallow?

Thanks for your advice. :D
bayswater

Re: .nki Import

Post by bayswater »

IIRC, older (perhaps V4) nki files did work with MachFive. So maybe that’s something you could do in NI or some more accessible utility. I had also done this using Logic — I was able to import the nki file then export to somthing MachFive could import. All this was a very long time ago.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

lampfilmusic wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 am '.nki' files are not on the list of file formats importable by M5v3.

Does anyone know of a way of pre-converting '.nki' libraries into a format the M5v3 will swallow?

Thanks for your advice. :D
I'm hesitant to suggest this, but contact UVI privately and see if they might be willing to give you some sort of upgrade path to Falcon? MachFive is pretty much an end of life product from my understanding. Even though the upgrade window has passed, rumors are UVI is quite reasonable and understanding and may make accommodations.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
lampfilmusic

Post by lampfilmusic »

Thanks Bayswater and James for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Will probably try to find a way to convert the files.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

There are at least six different Kontakt file formats. Plus .nki can be a copy protected file as well. M53 reads regular user created .nki files, but it cannot convert NI Kontakt factory content or most third party libraries.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
lampfilmusic

Post by lampfilmusic »

Thanks Michael