828es not working properly after Win 11 did an update...

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
vonbleak
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828es not working properly after Win 11 did an update...

Post by vonbleak »

Hi guys,

So i recently did a clean install of Windows 11 and everything went fine... All of my audio software (Cubase Pro 10.5) and my 828es was working fine and all was good...

That was until a couple of days ago when windows did an update - now things are not so good lol... While windows and motu discovery still detects the motu and even cubase can 'see' the motu driver, however so sound or metering is coming out of the motu...

I had a similar issue in Win10 when i first got the 828es and it turned out to be a missing driver in Device manager - so thats where i looked - however there are no issues or missing drivers in Device Manager, and like i said, before this windows update everything was just fine...

Is anyone else facing similar issues...? And has anyone found a way to fix it...? Im hoping things will be sorted out in the next windows update but i really dont want to have to wait for that if possible...

Thanks for any help/info...

V :mrgreen:

[EDIT]

So windows has had a few more updates... I updated my motherboard bios and several of the motherboard drivers/utilities... ive reinstalled the latest Motu drivers... nothing has changed...

Windows and Motu discovery detects and can use the 828es and on the mix window i can see the talkback mic getting level but there is no playback (metering or audio)... Cubase can 'see' the motu driver but again there is no playback or metering... This is a clean install of win11 (after formatting my drives) and there are no issues/conflicts in device manager... Its very frustrating as when i first installed win11 everything was working fine, and i just dont get it... :shake:
vonbleak

Re: 828es not working properly after Win 11 did an update...

Post by vonbleak »

(Bump)

Has no one run into anything like this...? Im not too worried as im pretty sure it all works with USB3 but i spent money on a dedicated thunderbolt card so it would be nice if it all worked like it used to haha... 8)
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Did you check the 828ES driver for updates at MOTU.com?

Techlink to MOTU is your friend here. MOTU is super responsive these days!
vonbleak

Post by vonbleak »

Yeah i have the latest drivers and firmware... :mrgreen: