Timepiece AV USB 1.32 chip seller?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Jared Sager
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Timepiece AV USB 1.32 chip seller?

Post by Jared Sager »

I recently purchased a MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV USB which I was unable to connect to ClockWorks. I spoke with MOTU tech support. They informed me that although my firmware ROM chip was the correct 2.0.1 the USB ROM chip is the outdated 1.31 which renders the unit useless for my purposes as it won't communicate with the Intel processor in my PC. I've looked all over the internet for one of the updated 1.32 USB ROM chips with no luck. Today I contacted a seller on ebay in search of one of these chips and he stated that he would like to produce them for resale but hasn't been able to locate an accurate dump of the 1.32 USB ROM chip itself. Does anyone know where I could purchase one of these chips and/or does anyone here have access to the data on the 1.32 USB ROM chip that they would be willing to share? Thanks so much for your time.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Timepiece AV USB 1.32 chip seller?

Post by mikehalloran »

This comes up from time to time. I don’t recall that anyone’s come back and posted a source for this.

People I don’t know have contacted me back channel to “borrow” the chip from my MTP AV for this purpose. Not interested. If someone I knew asked, yea, why not. I wouldn’t turn down a reasonable offer to buy the whole unit since I’ve not used it in years (other than to test compatibility with the latest MacOS).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
TheHerdForever

Post by TheHerdForever »

Hello Mike,

I have the same problems as the others .... looking for a AV USB ROM version 1.32 chip without success. How much are you willing to part with your MTP AV USB? Please reach out to me privately via email ... thanks!!

Frank A.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I will.

Recently, I contacted every seller on eBay and Reverb to ask what chip was inside and included instructions w/ pics on how to check. The few who answered me came back with 1.31 but none have updated their listings (nor have they gotten offers). A couple told me that removing the two screws holding the lid was too much trouble but 'don't worry, it will work — no returns' Yea right...

There's someone selling the 2.0.1 firmware chip but, without the other, that's not good enough.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Blackcatlex

Post by Blackcatlex »

I have found a chip seller with 460 of the 1.32 chips and I am currently waiting for a price quote to purchase all 460.
Blackcatlex

Post by Blackcatlex »

I have been quoted a price of $1,973.40 for 220 chips which is the last of their stock, $8.97 each. With shipping and import taxes to the UK it would cost almost $3000 which is too much for me.
The supplier is Sierra IC Inc. and the minimum order is $100 which would mean buying a minimum of 12 at the quoted price.
I have the 1.32 firmware file for burning to the chips if anyone wants to give it a shot. Most EPROM burners would do the job easily.