2408mk3 pci 424 drivers on XP Pro

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
sounddaddy42
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

2408mk3 pci 424 drivers on XP Pro

Post by sounddaddy42 »

i have been using 2408mk3 on XP Pro for 12+ years on this system .... suddenly it disappeared.

I have uninstalled and re-installed trying 4 different drivers including the one that worked for 12 years.

I have deleted ALL MOTU and Mark of the Unicorn keys in registry.

I have deleted all MOTU program files on drive.

I have deleted all MOTU files in system 32.

I have uninstalled memory sticks.

I have RUN CCLEANER

I have run FSC (full system scan)

I have even installed drivers and waited overnight before installing soundcard just to see if Windows needed time to swallow them.??

I have tried on 3 different computers with exactly the same specs.

I have re installed Windows from scratch with a full format on the front end.

I have followed standard MOTU 2408 install sequences ...Setup.exe ..shutdown..install card connect to unit and power up ... RESTART ....then follow wizard

Window wizard finds new hardware... select not this time ... hit enter and then allow windows to install drivers ..... always comes up rapidly ... no drivers found.

I can see the driver in C: Programs\ MOTU

I have tried pointing to that using HAVE DISC button in the windows installer ... same thing ... no drivers found

I even bought an old computer off ebay that was manufactured 6 weeks from my original computer that worked for 12 years (Dell e510) for 100 bucks ... no luck

I know it's XP and an old system but I have it set up to a bunch of outboard synths and have been able to control and select patches ect ... I know it's old but has been ROCK SOLID for over 12 years and I like XP for what it's worth ...(never connected o internet so no security problems).

Also use an MTPAV which I have fully uninstalled as well.

I'm baffled ...Any Clues ... Thanks
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 2408mk3 pci 424 drivers on XP Pro

Post by mikehalloran »

How long since you changed the battery on your MTP AV? It takes a common CR2032.

Have you reset to the factory default?
https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/reset
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro