Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Brainworx Flood Benefit Sale at Plugin Alliance 8/17-18

Post by Rick Cornish »

mikehalloran wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 amI own a few of their plugs outright and have others on subscription. Big fan of bx_limiter True Peak among others.
Me, too. bx_meter gets daily use for me, and I also use bx_refinement and bx_control a lot. Remember the sale also includes 30+ other brands PA sells (SPL, Lindell Audio, Black Box Audio, Shadow Hills, etc., etc., etc.).
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
monkey man

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by monkey man »

mikehalloran wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 amI own a few of their plugs outright and have others on subscription. Big fan of bx_limiter True Peak among others.
That's the one I told you about isn't it Mike? Ripper limiter either way.

MHO on this sale is that the mid-and-high-range plugins are being offered for no less than what they've been on sale for in the past 2 years. I haven't checked out the $5 items but I noticed a pattern and had seen enough.

I hate to sound cynical, but I guess I do.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Re: Brainworx Flood Benefit Sale at Plugin Alliance 8/17-18

Post by mikehalloran »

monkey man wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:50 pm
That's the one I told you about isn't it Mike? Ripper limiter either way.

MHO on this sale is that the mid-and-high-range plugins are being offered for no less than what they've been on sale for in the past 2 years. I haven't checked out the $5 items but I noticed a pattern and had seen enough.

I hate to sound cynical, but I guess I do.
Yes, indeed, my Simian friend.

Their licensing, coupons etc. is a bit strange so, while I went one year on a subscription, I used the resulting coupons to make a few permanent when it ends. I'm now going through what I do and don't use against the sale prices to see if I'll make anything else permanent when the subscription expires.

I came up with this while working for Goodyear in the 1970s. Many of my jobs over the years involved commission sales and it also applies to software, crossgrades, upgrades, licensing etc.

Halloran's Rules for The Numbers Game

1. It's a game

2. You play it with numbers

3. If there's a question, see Rules 1 & 2
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

:lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

IK is having an incremental sale, right now at 8 for the price of one, if it gets to ten in the next couple days they extend it, with 25 for one being theoretically possible! (Likely 10 to 15 realistically.) I’m in on the $199 tier with jam points and gear credits It’s about $100 out of pocket. Anyway it’s a great deal especially if you own any IK gear!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Pushing this, the IK sale will extend past the 31st if it gets to 10k buy ins. It's at 10 for the price of one now with two days left to go.

This is a fantastic sale. I own a good amount of their stuff, but it's all outdated version wise. There's a good break down on how to get in for really cheap here: https://slickdeals.net/f/15247636-ik-mu ... -group-buy

I had 95 Gear Credits and 87 Jam points, I was able to buy $300 in Gear Credits (which match the cash price in their store), for $159 putting me in at two tiers, $199 and $99 which is perfect for me. IK are a bit confusing, but Amplitube 5 is fantastic and so is T-Racks, Mixbox etc.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Jeepers. The IK sale hit buy one get 10 free. So they are continuing it til end of sept. Could go as high as buy 1 get 25.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Michael Canavan

labman wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:51 am Jeepers. The IK sale hit buy one get 10 free. So they are continuing it til end of sept. Could go as high as buy 1 get 25.
It's 329 over already this morning, if the rate continues I would expect it to hit 20 at least by the end of the month, guaranteed IMO to hit 15. I'm looking at owning pretty much everything they make and most of their libraries. I already owned a good amount of Amplitube collections, I own them all now. Same with T-Racks, and it's looking like I'll own most of the Sample Tank libraries by the end of the month as well.

The caveat for me is I wanted to avoid buying new plug ins that aren't Apple Silicon native, and so far the only one that is native is Modo Drums. There is hope though, the pattern seems to be that if then company updated for VST3 and resizable GUI's for 4k+ monitors, then porting to Apple Silicon is much easier to do. In the next two months it's IMO a given that new chips come out for Apples mid/hi tier line up: Macbook Pros, iMacs, maybe a Mac Mini Pro, and with what the low end models could do I'm definitely getting a new laptop.

My guess is Modo Bass, MixBox then Amplitube go native, with T-Racks, ARC, and Sample Tank trailing behind.
bayswater

MixBus 32C plugin

Post by bayswater »

When Harrison first did Mixbus V1 as what was more or less a multichannel outboard rack, I wondered why they didn't just release the essential stuff as plugins. At V7, it's now a pretty decent DAW, but the 32C channel is available as a plugin at an intro price. Useful if you have stuff that needs the sound at minimal effort.

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspr ... eid=UNIQID
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Rick Cornish

Straight Ahead Samples 50% Off Sale

Post by Rick Cornish »

Straight Ahead Samples makes jazz-oriented samples. Some work better than others IMHO, but I have to say the jazz drums and the brushes & mallets set are both excellent. Sound great and they’re put together so you can mimic what a real jazz drummer would do. Made for Kontakt. Some require the full version, some don’t.

Half off, which is rare for them. No code needed.

www.straightaheadsamples.com
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Rick Cornish

Audio Assault Head Crusher v2 for $9.99

Post by Rick Cornish »

48 hour sale. A new version of this analog-modeled saturator on sale for $9.99 (regularly $34.99).

https://audioassault.mx/products/headcr ... aca6903204
Rick Cornish

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

If anyone here is a reverb fanatic and also a Liquidsonics fan you might find this interesting…………
HD Cart

Well I recently discovered a great reverb I wasn’t aware of from one of my favorite developers with a side company that I didn’t even know existed and they are having a sale!
Additionally they are also offering loyalty pricing for customers!
So in a lame attempt to make a long story somewhat shorter I bought HD Cart instantly!
This is Matt Hill’s software based take on the Lexicon 480 with an additional HD cartridge, in case his name doesn’t ring a bell…………..
Matt is the developer behind Liquidsonics, the Reverb Foundry is another company he develops for and is from my understanding the co-owner.
Normally HD Cart retails for $199, it’s on sale now for $79 but wait it gets better. Matt honors loyalty pricing between both stores and the coupons can be used in either store. I already have all of the Liquidsonic products so with my loyalty pricing HD Cart cost me only $23.14!
So if you are like me a total slut for anything reverb and already have some products from Liquidsonics you might want to check this out.

www.reverbfoundry.com
HD Cart - Reverb Foundry
HD Cart is the definitive recreation of the venerable HD and surround cartridge used in studios worldwide throughout the 1980s. For VST, AU and AAX.
www.reverbfoundry.com www.reverbfoundry.com

www.liquidsonics.com
Upgrades and Offers - LiquidSonics
www.liquidsonics.com www.liquidsonics.com
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MarcoAmara
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by MarcoAmara »

There are very good deals here .It was an awesome idea starting this topic.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I got an email from dontcrack with sales on IRCAM Verb v3 for $99, and the pared down IRCAM Verb Session for $45.

What I could gather from the various reviews & comments:

Great sound & unique character
supports multi-channel audio i/o
3 band control of decay (w adjustable split points)
3 reverb "sections": early, "cluster", and late/tail
mute/solo/EQ each of the 3 sections

I hear it is processor intensive, but with newer machines, perhaps that's less of an issue. It's hard to say how it might be with newer machines-- or whether it is going to be aggressively supported. I think the usual price is $379 for the full version, so this is a pretty substantial discount.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
toodamnhip

Softtube-Black Nov Warm Up

Post by toodamnhip »

Anyone think they'd buy now? The prices are great. Loys of 49oo stuff that's usually 199.
But maybe a package deal available Black Friday? What say you?

https://www.softube.com/black-november? ... 9-34505181
Last edited by toodamnhip on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc