In the AVB mixer where do set whether to send wet or dry output to DAW?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
robotronski
Primary DAW OS: Windows

In the AVB mixer where do set whether to send wet or dry output to DAW?

Post by robotronski »

I'm using an Ultralite AVB. I'd like to monitor with compression but send the uncompressed channel to the computer (although will occasionally want to switch that).

It says this can be done in the manual but I can't see where it's set, can anyone advise?
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: In the AVB mixer where do set whether to send wet or dry output to DAW?

Post by HCMarkus »

It all depends which output you send to your DAW... in the Routing Grid, if you assign a mixer Input directly to a Computer Destination and select that as the record source in your DAW, you will record the dry signal, regardless of whatever FX you may add within the AVB Mixer. If you assign a mixer Post FX output to the Computer, and select as the record source in your DAW, you record whatever effects you are hearing.

Go here: https://motu.com/proaudio/index.html, scroll down to The Routing Grid section ands watch the videos.
robotronski

Post by robotronski »

That's great, thanks :) I hadn't spotted the post fx outputs at the top of the routing page.
robotronski

Post by robotronski »

On thing I just noticed in the video that I'm not seeing on mine is where you set the device input/output streams and disable the input output banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5t1sAjplJY&t=25s

On mine when I click 'Device' I only see sample rate, clock etc. 'Configuration' and trim levels for the inputs/outputs. I think I could access the screen on the video before I updated the firmware, have these settings been moved in the latest version?
robotronski

Post by robotronski »

No problem, found it - it's moved to the routing page since that video was made.