KOMPLETE KONTROL bug With Dp

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Antoine D.
Primary DAW OS: Windows

KOMPLETE KONTROL bug With Dp

Post by Antoine D. »

Hi there. I ressurect this thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62701&p=535624#p535708

to speak again about the Komplete control problem with digital performer ( 8 for me ). Indeed i have a loop, and i don't understand the way's work of the "multi-record" solution mention above.
When i select Multi record on the Studio project, i just don't have anything working with my Komplete Kontrol.
Probably is my english level the problem, but can somebody give a solution ?

Massive work's perfectly, but not all my other Komplete Kontrol instrument.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: KOMPLETE KONTROL bug With Dp

Post by mikehalloran »

Is it up to date? When I ran the recent updaters in Native Access, most loaded correctly afterwards. Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt 6.6, however, did not till I did a shutdown and reboot — a normal restart didn’t do it. Try that first.

A number of plugins and VIs are exhibiting this behavior recently.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rangerthearranger
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: KOMPLETE KONTROL bug With Dp

Post by rangerthearranger »

Antoine D. wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:02 am Hi there. I ressurect this thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62701&p=535624#p535708

to speak again about the Komplete control problem with digital performer ( 8 for me ). Indeed i have a loop, and i don't understand the way's work of the "multi-record" solution mention above.
When i select Multi record on the Studio project, i just don't have anything working with my Komplete Kontrol.
Probably is my english level the problem, but can somebody give a solution ?

Massive work's perfectly, but not all my other Komplete Kontrol instrument.
In DP11, MOTU added a deeper integration with Komplete Kontrol which makes it no longer necessary to use this "multi-record" workaround. With previous versions of DP, it was necessary to enable multi-record because the Komplete Kontrol plugin itself broadcasted MIDI out which was picked up by the default "any" record, and created a feedback loop. The multi-record solution is to enable multi-record, and then select the Komplete Kontrol as input. It sounds like you enabled multi-record, but did not select the Komplete Kontrol as your MIDI input. What you would need to do after enabling multi-record is to select the specific device you want to use for input on the specific MIDI track you wish to record on. When multi-record is on, the MIDI track will no longer receive MIDI from every device - this stops the feedback loop, but requires you to manually select the input device (or input group) for the track.