Auto record/punch-in

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
willyp
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Auto record/punch-in

Post by willyp »

I am recording solo acoustic guitar on stereo tracks and have tried using "auto record" to punch-in and fix small glitches. I cannot seem to monitor the existing material while using auto-record so I cannot get an accurate punch-in. Is there a way to listen to the existing tracks while punching in? If not, do I need to record onto a 3rd track and then merge them together? I tried to follow instructions in the Performer Lite user guide but it was too ambiguous. And MOTU tech support couldn't seem to answer my question either. Thank you for any help on this.
CharlzS

Re: Auto record/punch-in

Post by CharlzS »

Do you have input monitor selected for the track? If so, try turning that off. Also, in Studio --> Audio Patch Thru try Auto and Blend.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
willyp

Post by willyp »

I don't know if I had input monitor selected- would that be the small blue light in Performer Lite? I have tried Audio Patch Thru before but I will try it with auto and blend. Thank you
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

willyp wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:46 pm I don't know if I had input monitor selected- would that be the small blue light in Performer Lite?
Yes, the blue speaker icon in the sequence editor or the blue input button in the mixer.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1