David Das Video: DP11 Articulation Maps Feature

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

David Das Video: DP11 Articulation Maps Feature

Post by James Steele »

Here's a video that David Das posted today about the Articulation Maps feature in Digital Performer 11. I haven't watched it yet, but David really knows his stuff when it comes to DP and I'm sure this will be an excellent aid to those wanting to understand this feature better.

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: David Das Video: DP11 Articulation Maps Feature

Post by terrybritton »

It is great that he posted that video using a really nice sounding FREE library like Spitfire's BBCSO! :-D

That will give anybody the ability to mess with the Articulation Maps feature and see how it works.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

terrybritton wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:56 pm It is great that he posted that video using a really nice sounding FREE library like Spitfire's BBCSO! :-D

That will give anybody the ability to mess with the Articulation Maps feature and see how it works.

Terry
Wow... really? That's FREE? I gotta download that. I've been out of the loop for a bit.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
freqsound

Post by freqsound »

David's video is excellent and points out some great "best practices". I've also done a 5 minute quick video for the folks who attend the webinars, that just touches some of the basics if you want a quick primer. Most of what is here would also apply to the MOTU Instruments that are utilized by the UVI Workstation. I'm making Articulation Maps for those now and will happily share them when complete.
https://www.freqsound.com/motuuserfiles ... itfire.m4v
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

freqsound wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:03 pm David's video is excellent and points out some great "best practices". I've also done a 5 minute quick video for the folks who attend the webinars, that just touches some of the basics if you want a quick primer. Most of what is here would also apply to the MOTU Instruments that are utilized by the UVI Workstation. I'm making Articulation Maps for those now and will happily share them when complete.
Awesome! Thanks, Glenn!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:58 pm
terrybritton wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:56 pm It is great that he posted that video using a really nice sounding FREE library like Spitfire's BBCSO! :-D

Terry
Wow... really? That's FREE? I gotta download that. I've been out of the loop for a bit.
Yes, free, and so is Dave's articulation map and template that beings it all together into a template for easy orchestration. Spitfire also has a large library of other interesting sample libraries.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Terry
Check out their LABS series. Some really nice freebies there, too.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

freqsound wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:03 pm David's video is excellent and points out some great "best practices". I've also done a 5 minute quick video for the folks who attend the webinars, that just touches some of the basics if you want a quick primer. Most of what is here would also apply to the MOTU Instruments that are utilized by the UVI Workstation. I'm making Articulation Maps for those now and will happily share them when complete.
Thank you! I now see that the lanes are the key, something that David only touched on.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31