Performer Lite click not sounding

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Stefan Jentsch
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Performer Lite click not sounding

Post by Stefan Jentsch »

Hey folks,

someone here who uses Digital Performer Lite?

I got it together with my MOTU M4 last year. Since Februrary the "click" and "countoff" function isn't working/sounding anymore and I can't find the reason why.

Preferences look all fine so I really don't have a glue... before everything worked properly.

I even deinstalled and reinstalled the whole thing but that dind't solve the problem.

Could it be an update bug? Anyway... I can't continue recording without a click.

Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks!!

Stefan
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Performer Lite click not sounding

Post by CharlzS »

When you audition the click in Preferences, do you hear it? If not, is the output set to a working/defined output bundle? Are the volume knobs turned up for both the accented and normal clicks? Is the Master click volume up? If you can hear it when auditioning, are the count-off and metronome buttons engaged in the control panel?
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
FrankD
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Performer Lite click not sounding

Post by FrankD »

Not sure if you solved this issue, but I was attempting to help a friend with Performer Lite / Windows just yesterday. Both PL and DP rely on a library of WAV files with different types of click sounds you can choose. On his system, either the click files were not installed, or PL had lost track of them. I could not find them on his machine, and it was after hours for Motu support, so I made a few click sample files and put them in the Motu resources folder on his system. Chose a couple of them in the Click Preferences window and all works.
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!