MachFive saving Program and Samples issue

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Digital_IO
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MachFive saving Program and Samples issue

Post by Digital_IO »

I have a few sounds that i need to access that are in Akai format on some cd-roms and my plan was to use MachFive 3 to load them (which i am able to do ) and save them in MachFive format for further manipulation in UVI Falcon 2.

after successfully loading a Program off the cdrom (the sample plays fine) , when I use the 'save program and samples as....' option , i can see straight away that MachFive has inserted gaps in the sample waveforms making the result unusable . the saved version is exactly the same.

I remember doing this a few years ago and had no issues.

Am I missing something?

I have asked MOTU and they initially said it could be my cdrom libraries, but I have tried around 16 and the result is exactly the same and the fact that that all the Akai format Progrrams load into MachFive indicates my discs are fine.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MachFive saving Program and Samples issue

Post by bayswater »

I have no ideas about what the problem might be. But if this happened here, I'd probably try to import to EXS24, then try to go from EXS24 to MachFive to Falcon. I assume you only wanted the MachFive files so you could get the samples into Falcon.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Digital_IO
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Digital_IO »

Hi

Unfortunately , it seems EXS24 lost the ability to read and import Akai format a while back
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

That's too bad. It was useful.

Perhaps MOTU will have some idea why you can create an instrument but not save it.

Otherwise, maybe the port of Redmatica AutoSampler that went into MainStage (perhaps it went into EXS24/Sampler too -- I don't know) will do what you need.

You can create the M5 instrument and leave it open, then set up AutoSampler (or whatever Apple calls it now) to play a series of notes of selected durations and velocities. It sends out MIDI and records the audio played, and creates a velocity layered instrument with keymaps in one of the formats AutoSampler supports. One of the formats might get you to Falcon.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8