Music Video "Requiem For The Summer"

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
splenny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Music Video "Requiem For The Summer"

Post by splenny »

Hello fellow DP users,

This is Dave Weiss. I'd like to share with you "Requiem For The Summer", a short music video my wife Kaya Katarzyna Bryla-Weiss and I just released. I did all the audio in DP 10, as well as the video editing (Resolve 16). It speaks to "the moment", that is, being a professional musician in NYC now, with so much devastation to our business all around us. Kaya performed the solo viola part.
Please post your pros and cons about the production. Always illuminating! I used Altiverb 7 to get the sound of the space, kinda wet but a little "acidic" since there were many metal and concrete surfaces in the space. So it was a combo of dry signal, plates, and halls.
Please let us know what you think! :)
https://youtu.be/02cEPZ5-5_I
(aka "dave from brooklyn"
DP 10.11; Neumann TLM103; Manley Core Channel Strip; Broadhurst Garden Preamp; Duet 2; Ultralite MKII Hybrid; MacMini i7 (2019), 3 GHz; 32 GB Ram; 10.6. Altiverb; Omnisphere; several NI libraries. Plug ins: UAD, Izotope Mix And Mastering Suite, Nomad Factory, Eventide.
MacBookPro 2.3 GHz 2017 ; Intel Core i5; 8GB ram; 10.6. Altiverb.
AND lots of woodwinds ...
Phil O

Re: Music Video "Requiem For The Summer"

Post by Phil O »

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for the post. 8)
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
splenny

Post by splenny »

HI Phil, thanks for checking it out. Man, that was a lot of work!
(aka "dave from brooklyn"
DP 10.11; Neumann TLM103; Manley Core Channel Strip; Broadhurst Garden Preamp; Duet 2; Ultralite MKII Hybrid; MacMini i7 (2019), 3 GHz; 32 GB Ram; 10.6. Altiverb; Omnisphere; several NI libraries. Plug ins: UAD, Izotope Mix And Mastering Suite, Nomad Factory, Eventide.
MacBookPro 2.3 GHz 2017 ; Intel Core i5; 8GB ram; 10.6. Altiverb.
AND lots of woodwinds ...
Jim

Post by Jim »

I love this. Your wife is talented. Where did you record the audio?
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA