"Thin Ice"

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
crduval
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Thin Ice"

Post by crduval »

Here's the latest from the home studio. Another of my old band tracks that never got recorded, but I love the tune. I used a Torpedo CaptorX as a digital cabinet simulator on this one; with the family working from home thanks to COVID, everyone was happy about that purchase! :lol:

I have to give a shout out to DP's Diamond Drive, that plug-in is really, really good, I've used it on a lot of things, but it plays a big role in the bass track on this one.

Trigger warning, the lyrics contain references to the suffering caused by physical abuse.

https://soundcloud.com/crduval/thin-ice-1
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: "Thin Ice"

Post by Jim »

Love it!
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA