No way to print time stamp in bounces

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
rogertelliercraig
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No way to print time stamp in bounces

Post by rogertelliercraig »

Hello all, and thank you for reading this.

I'm sure this is obvious for most folks here but I have to deliver stems for a mix with timestamps, and this is the first time I've ever had to include timestamps, and for some reason I can't wrap my head around how to do so. I'm still using DP 9 and from the info I gather in the manual, I should be able to create timestamps when I bounce an audio file, but it doesn't explain how, and I don't see anything about that in the bounce window. I've only managed to set a "user time stamp from sequence" using the audio menu, I have not been able to actually "create a soundbite with an original timestamp".

What am I missing?
FMiguelez

Re: No way to print time stamp in bounces

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.
You don't really have to do anything. DP time-stamps any recorded or bounced audio automatically, at least with the BWAV format.

You could add other 2 types of time-stamps (user-defined ones), but it's not really necessary to do so for your particular workflow.

So you don't stress, test it by bouncing them as if you were going to turn them in, and import them (or drag them) into a DP new blank DP project, as if you were the post house PT guy.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rogertelliercraig

Re: No way to print time stamp in bounces

Post by rogertelliercraig »

FMiguelez wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 am Hello.
You don't really have to do anything. DP time-stamps any recorded or bounced audio automatically, at least with the BWAV format.

You could add other 2 types of time-stamps (user-defined ones), but it's not really necessary to do so for your particular workflow.

So you don't stress, test it by bouncing them as if you were going to turn them in, and import them (or drag them) into a DP new blank DP project, as if you were the post house PT guy.
OMG wow, OK, that totally flew past my head. I was bouncing to regular WAV format. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I have never really had any reason to use that format in the past. Just tried it and it totally works.

Thanks again!