I have to create fades at least 3 times before it creates them.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

I have to create fades at least 3 times before it creates them.

Post by wonder »

Does anyone know why this happens?

With any amount of clips selected or clip intersections highlighted, I'll press my hotkey for CREATE FADES and then press OK.

The fades window will close and no fades are created. Press my hotkey again and press OK, and SOME fades will get created.

I have to do it at least 5-6 times in order for all the clip intersections to have a fade applied.

When the create fades window pops up each time, nothing is changed within the window itself so all the settings are the same.

Why does it take 5-6 tries to apply a fade to a clip and/or clip intersection?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
ronjams

Re: I have to create fades at least 3 times before it creates them.

Post by ronjams »

My suggestion is that the resolution of your screen in the edit window maybe sit too small and that you may need to zoom in or out in order to select it properly
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
wonder

Post by wonder »

ronjams wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:02 pm My suggestion is that the resolution of your screen in the edit window maybe sit too small and that you may need to zoom in or out in order to select it properly
I'll select a clip, then CREATE FADE and hit OK and nothing happens. I'll do it a few more times and finally, it'll apply the fade.

I'm not changing any zoom levels at all so I'm not sure that suggestion is the culprit/answer.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Sorry you are having this behavior.
That's a weird one.
Fades are working fine for me.

Did you try assigning a new hot key?
Sometimes the assignments get messed up with an upgrade to a new version of DP, etc.

Your signature mentions Yosemite and a 3,1 Mac.
Is that the rig you are running DP on?
That might be the problem.
A little long in the tooth for DP10.

Wishing you a quick resolution to the problem.
All is well