Motu Ultralite Mk5 First Impressions

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
ProofofConcept
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu Ultralite Mk5 First Impressions

Post by ProofofConcept »

After a decade of cursing the day I bought the MK3 which is without question one of the worst purchases of my life I received a mk5 today.

I installed, updated, connected my monitors and hardware and it has worked, out of the box, just like I dreamed my mk3 would a decade ago, I can finally write some music without needing to reformat my pc/re-install everything so I can get 30 minutes in before the drivers fail.

In all seriousness despite my seething hatred of motu, this thing just works.

Fingers crossed, long may this continue.

It's a really high-quality finish too which is nice.
evilstiefel
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu Ultralite Mk5 First Impressions

Post by evilstiefel »

Props to you for buying in to the next generation of a product you hate. It's a shame the drivers for the older models don't get updated anymore. The recent Windows 10 updates have rendered my MOTU 624 an unstable mess of a product. Any sound sent by the PC is just gone randomly. Analog inputs work fine.

Edit: to everybody reading this, I've since fixed my issues with the MOTU 624. It was seemingly related to USB driver issues with the chipset. It took a clean install of Windows 10 and an updated BIOS for the x570-Chipset I'm running on, but since then, it is back to working as expected.