Behringer X-Touch One

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
vaylort
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Behringer X-Touch One

Post by vaylort »

My drummer and I each have our own copy of DP 10. For his drum studio, we got him a Behringer X-Touch One so he can perform basic transport functions while behind his drums. The one thing he needs that we cannot figure out is a "return to zero" button. On Behringer's videos they say that STOP-STOP does it, but it definitely does not work. I've tried all manner of different configurations (Mackie standard, Mackie for specific DAWs like Logic, Cubase, etc. HUI, MIDI) but I can't find one that allows me a "Return to Zero" function. Is this just not possible? Is there a way to program it to one of the 6 function keys?
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Behringer X-Touch One

Post by CharlzS »

OK, may seem counter intuitive, but configure DP for HUI and use the Pro Tools HUI mode on the X-Touch. Transport with RTZ button (see PT template) works fine if that's all you need. The other buttons 'kinda' work, but you'll have to experiment. IMO buy a cheap android tablet and check out Touch DAW in the Play Store. https://xmmc.de/touchdaw/

I saw someone, somewhere recently posted a rumor that MOTU was working on a new MCU profile, but I doubt we'll get confirmation anywhere. Fingers crossed. Until then my X-Touch One remains boxed.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Seems like the functions in DP's COMMANDS window allow you to assign lots of different received messages to accomplish whatever you need. And I'd expect you can send anything from the Behringer, too. Perhaps you can get what you need from a default mode, but DP makes it pretty painless to edit the various keystrokes and MIDI that are required to run remotes.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

stubbsonic wrote:Seems like the functions in DP's COMMANDS window allow you to assign lots of different received messages to accomplish whatever you need. And I'd expect you can send anything from the Behringer, too. Perhaps you can get what you need from a default mode, but DP makes it pretty painless to edit the various keystrokes and MIDI that are required to run remotes.
+1

Just edit your command list to get want you want. The video linked in this post by Terry, is instructive:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66758&start=15#p567228
Saxplayerz

Post by Saxplayerz »

The jog function doesn’t work either in Dp. I met a guy online that’s made custom mapping files for Reason. Has anyone gone into edit the mapping files in dp the same way?
warrior
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by warrior »

Hi friends. The "scrub" of my X Touch One only recognize when my coursor is on the "DP Track Window". I need that the "scrub" can work too if I'am under other programs, like a "Word". The extrange situation is that a "Foward/Rewind" of X Touch One work beyoun that the point mousse are. Any suggestion? Thank you and take care!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

That's a really good question. Most of those key commands are assuming DP to be the "up front" app.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com