New IK Multimedia Product Manager

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New IK Multimedia Product Manager

Post by bayswater »

Anyone try this? I don't want to be the first.

The email ad for it raises some suspicion. One of the features:

"Authorize and de-authorize computers with one clock"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/p ... uctmanager
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Re: New IK Multimedia Product Manager

Post by mikehalloran »

It’s been around since December. A new build was released a few days ago. For the most part, it’s pretty good but there are growing pains with authorized products are looking for the old authorization manager and not getting the memo about the new.

So while the new one shows everything is good, authorized and updated, some of my IK VIs are “locked” in SampleTank. Fortunately, none of the ones I use daily such as the Imperial Grand that my wife likes are locked. Whew!

After I finish this week’s projects, I hope to have put in a support case. Don’t know I’ll get to it before tomorrow.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Re: New IK Multimedia Product Manager

Post by bayswater »

Reading further, I see it only works with current versions. I've been down that road before with Waves. With any luck I won't need it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8