DP10 movie not syncing correctly

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP10 movie not syncing correctly

Post by rosindabow »

Something I've done for decades - cannot figure out what is going on. Working on a couple of short spots. Set my frame rate - in one case it was 23.976fps in the other, 29.97fps nd. Imported the quicktime movies. Set the start times to match the start time of the sequence. Lock to transport is on. If I begin playback at the top of the file, the movie does not chase. If I stop the file anywhere within the movie, it plays just fine and as long as I do not roll back to the head, the link and the sync is perfect (as usual). I have tried setting my return to about 2 - 3 frames after measure 1, beat 1 - then it plays back. To be clear, if I roll back to measure 1, the audio and MIDI are just fine, the movie just does not start. I have tried Link Playback to Memory with no change. I have no idea why this is happening. And like I said, these are 2 completely different quicktime movies, not from the same company. Running DP 10.13 on my mid 2012 Mac Pro, system 10.13.6.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP10 movie not syncing correctly

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS