DP Crashing Opening Project

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
lightestend
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP Crashing Opening Project

Post by lightestend »

Howdy,

I am a music student working with Digital Performer 10 and my final for this Music Tech class is scoring music to a commercial. I've been working on it the past few weeks with no real issues until now. My project is due tomorrow, and the darn thing refuses to open now without crashing. It will open the main window along with the sub-windows I had on my other monitor (UVI Workstation, Bundles, and a compressor [a stock MOTU one]) hang for a second and then completely crash with no error given.

I am using some Waves plugins in the project, but other than that, all the project plugins are stock. Is there a way I can find a way to fix this? I opened other projects to make sure it wasn't just DP and they open just fine. Is there anywhere I could find a crash-log somewhere in the system files for DP?

:banghead:
lightestend

Re: DP Crashing Opening Project

Post by lightestend »

Addendum: I did read the recent thread about an issue with Waves VST3 plugins, but I had not had any issues like that. The only thing that changed since last night when I last worked on it was that I added 2-3 Waves plugins to the project, bringing the total Waves plugins to about 5 for the whole project.
lightestend

Post by lightestend »

Update 1: I managed to get open the project by using ALT on startup to disable all plugins. I guess now it's a matter of seeing which plugins are the culprit? Waves?

Update 2: It was the Waves plugins after all. ugh. Sorry, everybody. :oops:
Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Henry Robinett »

I have an issue where DP crashes repeatedly when launching. It normally happens when I’ve done something else with the audio engine like change sample rates or used another application like Sibelius. I close or shut it then open DP. It crashes without fail. And it seems almost require me to fill out the report and submit to DP. 9 times out 10 it’ll launch properly then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..