No click track / missing 'Click' folder?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rollo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

No click track / missing 'Click' folder?

Post by rollo »

Hello!

I recently purchased an M2 and downloaded Performer Lite to produce higher quality recording for the huge increase in virtual ensembles I've been playing in. Pretty central to that process is playing with a click track to keep the performers together, but I am having an issue. I can't seem to get Performer to play an audible click track. I was reading through the user guide and I saw that I could add my own sounds to a 'Click' folder, but that folder doesn't exist in my installation. I've turned the audition volume and the click master volume all the way up, I have selected 'always click' and 'audition click' in the click settings, I created the missing folder where the user guide indicated it should be and put some metronome .wav files in there.......still nothing. What am I missing here??

Apologies if this is the wrong place for such a question, just point me in the right direction and I'll take my query there!

Thanks in advance for any help!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: No click track / missing 'Click' folder?

Post by bayswater »

I'm on a Mac so maybe this won't be the same. Double clicking on the metronome icon opens up the Click preferences. In the upper right of this panel, there are drop down menu arrows for the Normal and Accented clicks. These menus show the option to "choose file" as the last entry. If I choose an audio file with a click or transient of some sort at the start, it uses that in the click tracks. I don't see any reference there to a Click Folder -- it looks like you can have these files anywhere.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8